One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Edwards portrays Scrooge with zest and an appropriate balefulness that immediately casts a shadow on the opening scene.’
- ‘But the balefulness of the act is hardly reduced thereby - and therefore my sentiments about the filth who carried out the deed remain essentially the same.’
- ‘Continuous wars brought enormous balefulness to the people giving rise to wide opposition in the small states.’
- ‘Her companion, however, clutching her friend's waist, looks at the photographer, and us, full face, with astonishing balefulness and hatred, willing us to be gone.’
- ‘It is loathsome to think that balefulness of an unknown cause could create such a catastrophe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.