One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is loathsome to think that balefulness of an unknown cause could create such a catastrophe.’
- ‘Edwards portrays Scrooge with zest and an appropriate balefulness that immediately casts a shadow on the opening scene.’
- ‘But the balefulness of the act is hardly reduced thereby - and therefore my sentiments about the filth who carried out the deed remain essentially the same.’
- ‘Continuous wars brought enormous balefulness to the people giving rise to wide opposition in the small states.’
- ‘Her companion, however, clutching her friend's waist, looks at the photographer, and us, full face, with astonishing balefulness and hatred, willing us to be gone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.