One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was a big, burly, baldish man, patient and good-natured, but given to blank trances of absence of mind.’
- ‘The baldish guy in his conservative suit and tie looked like he wanted to crawl under the table.’
- ‘Fred himself is adorable; he's got a great crinkly smile and a baldish head and is incredibly photogenic in his overalls, limping through verdant pastures.’
- ‘In my experience, they were all and one fattish, baldish with bowed legs.’
- ‘All bravado, Miguel rushes to her rescue, scooping up a three-inch, striped insect with threatening jaws and a large, baldish head that looks eerily human.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.