One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for highlighting hair in which the dye is painted on in such a way as to create a graduated, natural-looking effect.‘she specializes in balayage, colour corrections, restyles, and extensions’
- ‘After months of growing my hair out, I decided to add some subtle balayage color and trim the ends.’
- ‘I am considering going to a salon that offers balliage highlights.’
- ‘Scrivo and her staff practice balayage, color, and makeup application in the beauty boutique.’
- ‘The balayage technique can be used on any color of hair from blonde and brunette to red.’
- ‘The balayage technique provides ultimate control over color application and allows for less outgrowth and more contrast in the hair.’
- ‘I'd heard about the balayage technique, but after a disastrous run-in with bleach as a teen I was afraid of highlights and thought I'd be better off boring brown.’
- ‘The result was a streaky, uneven disaster, not the beautiful gradual change of a balayage.’
- ‘The best part about balayage is that it can be done on all kinds of lengths, either long or short.’
- ‘My stylist doesn't know how to do baliage - maybe I'll have to try someone new.’
- ‘Balayage recreates a sun-kissed feel to hair colour that grows out very softly and looks very natural.’
French, literally ‘sweeping’, from balayer ‘to sweep’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.