One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tab on a control surface of an aircraft which reduces the amount of force needed to move the control surface by moving in the opposite direction.
- ‘The V-tail is all moving with anti balance tabs to provide both trimming and feel.’
- ‘Aerodynamic balance tabs and balance panels assist in the operation of the ailerons.’
- ‘When weight is added in each repair, the aircraft's balance may be so disturbed that trim and balance tabs may have to be adjusted.’
- ‘The primary flight controls are mechanically operated surfaces with integral balance tabs.’
- ‘After a safe landing, it was found that both elevator spring balance tabs had started to flutter and had torn away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.