One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The difference in value between a country's imports and exports.‘a country with a worsening balance of trade in manufactured products’
- ‘This, together with the high import content of the tourism sector, leads to a worsening of the balance of trade.’
- ‘In theory, a declining dollar should help the U.S. balance of trade by making imports relatively more expensive to Americans and exports relatively inexpensive to foreigners.’
- ‘It is also in recognition of the importance of Namibia's fisheries sector in terms of GDP contribution, balance of trade and employment opportunities.’
- ‘The increase in investment strengthens the exchange rate facilitating a deterioration in the balance of trade.’
- ‘Labor theories of value shifted concern from the balance of trade to the costs of labor and the cost of tax on the wage.’
- ‘As a result, the nation's balance of trade in chemicals, a rock-steady surplus for 80 years, has become a deficit.’
- ‘Likewise, the balance of trade cannot determine the given stock of goods.’
- ‘Some industry commentators fear the balance of trade will shift to airports such as Shanghai, reducing the importance of airports in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.’
- ‘An important puzzle is the balance of trade in capital goods and industrial supplies and materials, excluding oil.’
- ‘We come finally to the matter of money and the balance of trade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.