One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A masked ball.
- ‘Another favourite costume with the bal masqué is that of the ‘Postillon de Longjumeau.’’
- ‘In Versailles’ heyday it was the scene of bals masqués and outdoor concerts.’
- ‘Many of the photographs of the café life and the bals masqués also helped to perpetuate this image.’
- ‘I could not imagine what a bal masqué and Père-Lachaise had to do with one another.’
- ‘It was said that the beautiful maharani sometimes danced on tables at bals masqués in Paris, dressed only in an emerald necklace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.