One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A masked ball.
- ‘Many of the photographs of the café life and the bals masqués also helped to perpetuate this image.’
- ‘In Versailles’ heyday it was the scene of bals masqués and outdoor concerts.’
- ‘It was said that the beautiful maharani sometimes danced on tables at bals masqués in Paris, dressed only in an emerald necklace.’
- ‘I could not imagine what a bal masqué and Père-Lachaise had to do with one another.’
- ‘Another favourite costume with the bal masqué is that of the ‘Postillon de Longjumeau.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.