One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in South Asia) pearl millet or similar grain.
- ‘Indian agriculture is not just about wheat, rice and bajra or thuvar dal and moong.’
- ‘The foodgrains that were being looked into were lentils, bajra, jowari and corn to name a few, he said.’
- ‘Apart from soya and wheat, eChoupals will also cater to mustard, bajra and pulses and later horticultural produce over a period of time, he said.’
- ‘The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, then quick to recognise talent, involved him in a project on bajra, a millet around which much of desert culture revolves.’
- ‘We lived with a family that survived on bajra for weeks.’
From Hindi bājrā, bājrī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.