Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An act of delivering goods to a bailee for a particular purpose, without transfer of ownership.‘a contract of hire is a species of bailment’
- ‘This seems to be the case where the bailment is revocable by the bailor at his pleasure either unconditionally or upon a condition which he may satisfy at will.’
- ‘A deposit of money is not confined to a bailment of specific currency to be returned in specie.’
- ‘Was the bailment ended when the pallets were delivered to Alba's customers?’
- ‘The document that Maple City received was a bailment form.’
- ‘A bailment requires the producer to exercise due care toward the goods held.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.