Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An act of delivering goods to a bailee for a particular purpose, without transfer of ownership.‘a contract of hire is a species of bailment’
- ‘A bailment requires the producer to exercise due care toward the goods held.’
- ‘This seems to be the case where the bailment is revocable by the bailor at his pleasure either unconditionally or upon a condition which he may satisfy at will.’
- ‘The document that Maple City received was a bailment form.’
- ‘Was the bailment ended when the pallets were delivered to Alba's customers?’
- ‘A deposit of money is not confined to a bailment of specific currency to be returned in specie.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.