One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On the other hand, some bahus (especially working women) choose to live with their in-laws reasoning it will be good for their kids.’
- ‘Sonia won Indira's trust and confidence and became more than a bahu.’
- ‘But then there is the same old stereotype of rich parents wanting a rich bahu and the like.’
- ‘From a doting bahu she has turned into a protagonist of social issues in her new television avatar.’
- ‘Soni's collection has been inspired by the royal bahus, from the days of the Raj.’
Hindi bahū ‘daughter-in-law, wife’, from Sanskrit vadhū, vadhukā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.