Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘She said: ‘Baha'ism has been such a great influence on my life.’
- ‘The volume includes brief histories and contacts relating to Baha'ism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Native American traditional spirituality and Sikhism.’
- ‘If you take Buddha out of Buddhism, Mohammed out of Islam…, Krishna out of Hinduism…, Baha'u'lla out of Bahaism… you still have their teachings, they are all doing quite well without their teacher being alive today.’
- ‘Bahaism traces its roots back to a Shia sect called Babism.’
- ‘He assumed the title of "Abdul Baha" and took over the reign of Bahaism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.