One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a vacuum cleaner) designed to operate without a replaceable bag.
- ‘The tycoon, who was knighted in December 2006, revolutionised the domestic appliances market with the bagless vacuum cleaner.’
- ‘James Dyson, the man who invented the bagless vacuum cleaner, is knighted today for his services to business.’
- ‘Electrical appliance manufacturer Dyson yesterday launched what it claims is the biggest change to vacuum cleaners since it introduced bagless technology 12 years ago.’
- ‘Emptying the canister of a bagless system is far and away simpler and more convenient than detaching a bag.’
- ‘So there's a new hoover, and this time it's bagless.’
- ‘This is clearly a selling point as most bagless vacs will remove over 99 percent of dust and allergens from the air.’
- ‘Base models of bagless vacs can be purchased for around $80.00 and do not require the use and changing of a bag.’
- ‘This is where the true cost of a bagless system becomes revealed.’
- ‘Of course, there are other considerations that come into play when choosing between a bagged or bagless system.’
- ‘He is the originator of an idea - the bagless vacuum cleaner - which sparked off a global revolution in the home appliance market.’
- ‘Actually, many of the top names today offer bagless vacuums.’
- ‘The inventor of the bagless vacuum cleaner, James Dyson, is to lead a debate at the Wroughton Science Museum this weekend.’
- ‘How effective and "safe" is a bagless system?’
- ‘Five years and some 5,127 prototypes later, he had developed the world's first bagless vacuum cleaner.’
- ‘The man behind the bagless Dyson vacuum cleaner is in Australasia to launch his company's latest innovation - a bladeless fan.’
- ‘Lately, many uprights have adopted a bagless configuration with a see-through dirt bin that replaces the usual bag.’
- ‘His idea for a bagless vacuum cleaner took the inventor to the brink of ruin.’
- ‘Most bagless vacuums have a filter, or filter system, that requires occasional cleaning and, eventually, changing.’
- ‘I wanted a cheap bagless upright cleaner made by someone I'd heard of.’
- ‘You'll also see a growing number of features like dirt sensors and bagless dirt bins as manufacturers attempt to boost performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.