One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually in place names A large garden or orchard.‘Roshanara Bagh’
- ‘When the design is worked over very closely, covering the entire material, it is called bagh (a garden).’
- ‘Samode Bagh is a garden paradise situated 4 km from Samode Palace.’
- ‘Nearby the Golden Temple is the historic Jalianwala Bagh, a memorial garden.’
- ‘Although under private patronage, Sajjan Niwas Bagh garden was eventually recognized as the only botanic station within what is now known as Rajasthan.’
- ‘The design of the site is based on a chahar bagh, a Persian four-part garden that represents a cosmic diagram of paradise on earth.’
Via Hindi from Persian bāg̣.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.