One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually in place names A large garden or orchard.‘Roshanara Bagh’
- ‘Although under private patronage, Sajjan Niwas Bagh garden was eventually recognized as the only botanic station within what is now known as Rajasthan.’
- ‘The design of the site is based on a chahar bagh, a Persian four-part garden that represents a cosmic diagram of paradise on earth.’
- ‘Nearby the Golden Temple is the historic Jalianwala Bagh, a memorial garden.’
- ‘Samode Bagh is a garden paradise situated 4 km from Samode Palace.’
- ‘When the design is worked over very closely, covering the entire material, it is called bagh (a garden).’
Via Hindi from Persian bāg̣.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.