One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railway car that carries travellers' luggage; a luggage van.‘our bags were loaded on to a baggage car’
- ‘A station employee is about to hand up a piece of luggage to the baggage car.’
- ‘One family detrained, and then their checked baggage had to be removed as well from the baggage car.’
- ‘Less than 5 minutes before we departed, I heard the conductor calling to the flagman who was still in the baggage car.’
- ‘Amtrak puts the baggage car at the end of the train.’
- ‘We lost some time in the station there since there was a lot of luggage to remove from the baggage car.’
- ‘Our stop in Petersburg, VA was four minutes long because there was a lot of work at the baggage car.’
- ‘Passengers slowly transferred to the buses as the baggage car was unloaded.’
- ‘Our train had 11 Superliners, two baggage cars and 11 Amtrak fast freight cars.’
- ‘On the platform for Track 20, I had Michael watch our bags while I finally took my walk up to see the engine, baggage car, and sleepers.’
- ‘The conductor made her way to the rear of the baggage car at the end of the train to be the eyes of this backing operation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.