One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Indians have always harvested medals by the bagfuls, utilising the event as a testing ground to spot and groom talent.’
- ‘She goes home nearly every Saturday and comes back Monday mornings, carrying bagfuls of sweet bread, pickled meats and fresh fruit.’
- ‘He gave an exemplary performance yet again and had this been the Oscars he'd have walked away with bagfuls of awards and lucrative contracts.’
- ‘Yes, she's got a lot of attention from fans, and finds it difficult to reply to all the letters that pour in throughout the week… literally in bagfuls.’
- ‘Teenagers got together to pick up dozens of bagfuls of litter in Benfleet and Canvey as part of a community project.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.