One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He gave an exemplary performance yet again and had this been the Oscars he'd have walked away with bagfuls of awards and lucrative contracts.’
- ‘Yes, she's got a lot of attention from fans, and finds it difficult to reply to all the letters that pour in throughout the week… literally in bagfuls.’
- ‘Teenagers got together to pick up dozens of bagfuls of litter in Benfleet and Canvey as part of a community project.’
- ‘Indians have always harvested medals by the bagfuls, utilising the event as a testing ground to spot and groom talent.’
- ‘She goes home nearly every Saturday and comes back Monday mornings, carrying bagfuls of sweet bread, pickled meats and fresh fruit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.