One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See bafflingas submodifier ‘his team selection has been bafflingly erratic’
- ‘Some of the tunes are bafflingly uncategorisable.’
- ‘Somewhat bafflingly, no alternate subtitles are included on this disc.’
- ‘This is where science & technology take over - except, curiously enough, researchers are yet to fully grasp the physics of swing bowling, just as they have failed, equally bafflingly, to find a cure for common cold.’
- ‘The political specifics of his plots can seem bafflingly complex.’
- ‘Australia, bafflingly, has seriously trailed the United States in its use of air conditioning (particularly in people's homes) but we do seem to be finally getting there.’
- ‘The identity and motive of Alexander's would-be killer prove predictable and irrelevant, while the vague supernatural undertones of the flashbacks are bafflingly silly, introduced abruptly and forgotten just as quickly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.