One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for baffle
- ‘The longest baffler reef in the Western Hemisphere runs offshore, letting you reach along inside with 15-to 20-knot wind on a flat sea.’
- ‘The code didn't connect directly to the labs, he had found out, but bounced the signal through multiple stations and scrambled the signal with bafflers.’
- ‘She span the fighter round, activated the sensor baffler and sped towards the asteroid.’
- ‘You can always spot a ‘television personality’, even when they aren't actually on television, because they carry their ‘made-up’ persona in front of them, like some sort of baffler, or Ready Brek force field.’
- ‘Called the ‘bafflers’ of the reef, they slow the water motion and provide quiet places for sediments to settle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.