One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's boyfriend or girlfriend (often as a form of address)‘I'm going to see my bae’as name ‘Bae just made me tacos’‘what's wrong, bae?’
- ‘Now that my bae is set to return, I gotta quit it.’
- ‘Whilst her look was a bit trashy (hey, bae is from The Bronx after all), it at least showed off her mega toned body.’
- ‘Kim has posted a photo of her and her "bae" from their recent date night in Melbourne.’
- ‘On the laid-back tune, she entertains the thought of heading over to her bae's place during the wee hours of the morn.’
- ‘Looks like Christina is Wayne's newest industry bae!’
- ‘"Me and my bae out today," she wrote online.’
- ‘Well, her rumoured new bae, Martin, was also in the vicinity, playing a gig.’
- ‘She posted a photo of herself with the birthday girl and wrote, "Had to come celebrate with my new boo Happy Birthday bae."’
- ‘If this doesn't make you wanna grab bae and hold him or her close, I don't know what will!’
- ‘Usher has already declared that his bae is a good kisser.’
Early 21st century: abbreviation of baby or babe.
British Aerospace (now BAE Systems).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.