One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of marketing a motor vehicle under two or more brand names or badges.
- ‘The sheer size of the operation makes it imperative to produce as many vehicles as possible from the same tooling sets, which places a premium on badge engineering.’
- ‘That's probably a good thing, considering how long GM was deservedly blasted for allowing cookie-cutter styling and shameless badge engineering to overrun its once-great portfolio.’
- ‘While I am definitely not a fan of badge engineering, it is a feather in the cap of the local GeeEmm plant.’
- ‘Yes, badge engineering is being used again and behind the sleek bodywork and interior, massaged drivetrain and modified chassis, is a Rover 75 station wagon.’
- ‘The most modern interpretation of badge engineering can work rather nicely, though, especially at the lowest end of the market where prestige and cachet don't figure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.