One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Grumbling, Ramirez stumbled bad-temperedly from the ruins, collecting firewood from the luxuriant trees that grew in the ruined courtyards.’
- ‘Dani eyes me, and after a moment, asks bad-temperedly, ‘Do you want my coat?’’
- ‘Their once-charming rivulets now thunder down the hillside, bad-temperedly dragging along everything in their path.’
- ‘She heaves a sigh, and reaches bad-temperedly for her laptop.’
- ‘My new wife, Daisy, and my mother were in the kitchen bad-temperedly preparing tea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.