Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See bad manners
- ‘A council spokesperson said the junior wardens were literally driven off the road by bad mannered motorists.’
- ‘Those young people whom I reprimanded weren't really misbehaving, or even being particularly bad mannered.’
- ‘Will was raised on a ship with a bunch of bad-mannered sailors.’
- ‘Overall, 39 per cent of shoppers admit they can be incredibly selfish and bad mannered out on the high street.’
- ‘It makes me really sad to see how irresponsible, rude and bad-mannered many seem to be.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.