One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The presence of bacteria in the urine.
- ‘This multicenter trial initially enrolled 421 children who were one to 24 months of age and had a fever and pyuria or bacteriuria in a catheterized urine specimen.’
- ‘In the absence of symptoms, chronic bacterial prostatitis is sometimes discovered by the presence of bacteriuria.’
- ‘Fortunately, asymptomatic bacteriuria and bladder infections can usually be found and treated before the kidneys become infected.’
- ‘All pregnant women, especially those who have diabetes and had a previous UTI, should be screened for asymptomatic bacteriuria during the first prenatal visit.’
- ‘The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends screening every pregnant patient for asymptomatic bacteriuria using a urine culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.