Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The presence of bacteria in the urine.
- ‘In the absence of symptoms, chronic bacterial prostatitis is sometimes discovered by the presence of bacteriuria.’
- ‘Fortunately, asymptomatic bacteriuria and bladder infections can usually be found and treated before the kidneys become infected.’
- ‘This multicenter trial initially enrolled 421 children who were one to 24 months of age and had a fever and pyuria or bacteriuria in a catheterized urine specimen.’
- ‘The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends screening every pregnant patient for asymptomatic bacteriuria using a urine culture.’
- ‘All pregnant women, especially those who have diabetes and had a previous UTI, should be screened for asymptomatic bacteriuria during the first prenatal visit.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.