One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some antibiotics, such as azithromycin and clarithromycin, concentrate intracellularly, not in middle ear fluid, and are bacteriostatic, not bactericidal.’
- ‘Some antimicrobials are bactericidal whereas others are bacteriostatic.’
- ‘Concentrations of skin antiseptics and preservatives, although lower than disinfectants and sterilants, also demonstrate bacteriostatic and bactericidal effects versus nonsusceptible vegetative pathogens.’
- ‘This chapter contains excellent information on host and microbial factors, bacteriostatic versus bactericidal agents, and indications for combination therapy.’
- ‘These antibiotics are bacteriostatic against the organism when exposed to a high dosage for a prolonged period of time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.