One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some antimicrobials are bactericidal whereas others are bacteriostatic.’
- ‘This chapter contains excellent information on host and microbial factors, bacteriostatic versus bactericidal agents, and indications for combination therapy.’
- ‘Some antibiotics, such as azithromycin and clarithromycin, concentrate intracellularly, not in middle ear fluid, and are bacteriostatic, not bactericidal.’
- ‘These antibiotics are bacteriostatic against the organism when exposed to a high dosage for a prolonged period of time.’
- ‘Concentrations of skin antiseptics and preservatives, although lower than disinfectants and sterilants, also demonstrate bacteriostatic and bactericidal effects versus nonsusceptible vegetative pathogens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.