One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These birds also express high levels of a bacteriolytic lysozyme which is more similar in amino acid sequence to the rock pigeon than that of the domestic fowl.’
- ‘The horse has a more human-like stomach and gains nourishment by absorbing similar by-products of the bacteriolytic digestion of cellulose, as do most herbivores possessing such cellulase-producing bacteria in their gut.’
- ‘Lysozyme, a bacteriolytic protein which is widely distributed in body fluids and many cells is a marker of general inflammatory response.’
- ‘Lysozyme is a widely distributed bacteriolytic enzyme that hydrolyzes the [beta] - 1,4 glycosidic bond between N-acetyl muramic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine in the cell wall of bacteria.’
- ‘The belief that this phenomenon and bacteriophagy might have a general significance led him to undertake from 1924 a systematic search for microbes displaying bacteriolytic activity in nature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.