One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The belief that this phenomenon and bacteriophagy might have a general significance led him to undertake from 1924 a systematic search for microbes displaying bacteriolytic activity in nature.’
- ‘Lysozyme, a bacteriolytic protein which is widely distributed in body fluids and many cells is a marker of general inflammatory response.’
- ‘The horse has a more human-like stomach and gains nourishment by absorbing similar by-products of the bacteriolytic digestion of cellulose, as do most herbivores possessing such cellulase-producing bacteria in their gut.’
- ‘Lysozyme is a widely distributed bacteriolytic enzyme that hydrolyzes the [beta] - 1,4 glycosidic bond between N-acetyl muramic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine in the cell wall of bacteria.’
- ‘These birds also express high levels of a bacteriolytic lysozyme which is more similar in amino acid sequence to the rock pigeon than that of the domestic fowl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.