Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Some antimicrobials are bactericidal whereas others are bacteriostatic.’
- ‘This finding confirmed the mouse experiments, which failed to demonstrate any increase in bactericidal activity when steroids, that are highly protuberculous in the mouse, are given with chemotherapy.’
- ‘One researcher concludes that alcohols have the most rapid bactericidal and fungicidal activity of all agents used in hand disinfection.’
- ‘This chapter contains excellent information on host and microbial factors, bacteriostatic versus bactericidal agents, and indications for combination therapy.’
- ‘It is also a bactericidal agent among other antimicrobial agents, such as penicillin, sulfa, and tetracycline.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.