One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A dish of grilled or fried bacon served with fried eggs.‘the smell of bacon and eggs wafted into the room’
- ‘Try the traditional breakfast of saltfish and ackee - far superior to bacon and eggs.’
- ‘No need for old-fashioned healthy eating and exercise, says Atkins, bacon and eggs will make you slim.’
- ‘Dinner was bacon and eggs cooked on an open fire by the tent.’
- ‘If he was on a 12-hour shift, he'd have bacon and eggs in the morning and sausage and eggs at lunchtime.’
- ‘Twenty minutes later he emerges from the kitchen and handed her a plate of bacon and eggs.’
- ‘After showering and dressing in fleece and shirt we were ready for bacon and eggs.’
- ‘The all-day breakfast brings together one of the most sublime combinations of ingredients - bacon and eggs, toasted muffins and buttery hollandaise sauce.’
- ‘He stopped smoking at the age of 65, but refused to give up his favourite meal - a fry-up of bacon and eggs.’
- ‘He's now tackling a mound of pancakes and bacon and eggs, washed down with endless cups of coffee.’
- ‘After the crispy bacon and eggs, home made bread with lots of fresh coffee served by a blond waitress, we were ready for the day ahead.’
2Australiananother term for eggs and bacon
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.