One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A dish of grilled or fried bacon served with fried eggs.‘the smell of bacon and eggs wafted into the room’
- ‘The all-day breakfast brings together one of the most sublime combinations of ingredients - bacon and eggs, toasted muffins and buttery hollandaise sauce.’
- ‘If he was on a 12-hour shift, he'd have bacon and eggs in the morning and sausage and eggs at lunchtime.’
- ‘After the crispy bacon and eggs, home made bread with lots of fresh coffee served by a blond waitress, we were ready for the day ahead.’
- ‘Try the traditional breakfast of saltfish and ackee - far superior to bacon and eggs.’
- ‘Twenty minutes later he emerges from the kitchen and handed her a plate of bacon and eggs.’
- ‘He's now tackling a mound of pancakes and bacon and eggs, washed down with endless cups of coffee.’
- ‘After showering and dressing in fleece and shirt we were ready for bacon and eggs.’
- ‘Dinner was bacon and eggs cooked on an open fire by the tent.’
- ‘No need for old-fashioned healthy eating and exercise, says Atkins, bacon and eggs will make you slim.’
- ‘He stopped smoking at the age of 65, but refused to give up his favourite meal - a fry-up of bacon and eggs.’
2Australiananother term for eggs and bacon
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.