One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
recidivist, regressorView synonyms
- ‘But as the slowdown bit, unemployment rose and tax revenues fell, finance ministers became increasingly restive under a regime which asked for balanced budgets and promised fines for backsliders.’
- ‘To many folk it sounds as if I'm being lazy, or being a backslider, or shunning the group.’
- ‘Today the forces offer planned careers for young men and women who are intent on gaining a professional training and there is no room for backsliders, unwilling recruits or recalcitrant conscripts.’
- ‘In my last piece titled ‘To hell with backsliders,’ I said that, ‘All over the world regional trading blocks are either being formed or enhanced by political will.’’
- ‘Yes, many people were still angry but it was also noticeable that the apologists and backsliders were beginning to gather force.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.