One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He isn't a backslapper, or a world-class speaker.’
- ‘He has not actually gone from hero to zero, but he will need no reminders that if he does not get a grip soon, all the backslappers who emerged from the woodwork post-Sydney will be queuing to wring his neck.’
- ‘The story does, however, tell a truth about him - he is cast as the backslapper because his contemporaries expected impudence and a light heart from him.’
- ‘If anything, the ‘backslapper’ and ‘working man's champ’ type was better known in the industrial districts of the US, than it ever was in Labour (with a ‘u’) movement.’
- ‘As a former international with 108 caps, he has taken steps to shield his players from DFB officials, sponsors and other backslappers, especially during team meals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.