One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who travels or hikes carrying their belongings in a rucksack.‘backpackers who braved the country's interior’as modifier ‘a backpacker hotel in Melbourne’
- ‘Their tours are now the most popular adventure travel network for backpackers and independent travelers.’
- ‘To many European youngsters, this will always be backpacker territory.’
- ‘This phenomenon is in no small way encouraged by the slew of backpackers wandering the world.’
- ‘The backpackers want to lie by the sea or pretend to drop out for a week.’
- ‘The civic hall could serve as a facility providing accommodation and other outlets for backpackers.’
- ‘We find stunning beaches befouled by backpackers.’
- ‘He is excited about the possibility of catering to backpackers wanting to explore the surrounding country highlands.’
- ‘In one episode, he has a fling with the Irish backpacker.’
- ‘An organized tour might not appeal to the primal backpacker in you, but it's the best way to explore the island.’
- ‘Many backpackers stay in the region's mansions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.