One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Since flower petals are usually translucent, backlighting can give them an iridescent glow that accentuates the flower's color and brings it to life.’
- ‘Sensational smoky backlighting also accentuated the band's striking stage presence, as they stood as black silhouettes in a swirling, full-lit stage.’
- ‘An emailer suggests that the difference between the two pictures is a fluke of backlighting and the camera's automatic light meter.’
- ‘By the way, the motor driven door, the LCD display and the luminescent backlighting keep working even when the system is off.’
- ‘Instead of ordinary fluorescent backlighting, the developer team employed white LED-based backlighting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.