One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sensational smoky backlighting also accentuated the band's striking stage presence, as they stood as black silhouettes in a swirling, full-lit stage.’
- ‘An emailer suggests that the difference between the two pictures is a fluke of backlighting and the camera's automatic light meter.’
- ‘Instead of ordinary fluorescent backlighting, the developer team employed white LED-based backlighting.’
- ‘By the way, the motor driven door, the LCD display and the luminescent backlighting keep working even when the system is off.’
- ‘Since flower petals are usually translucent, backlighting can give them an iridescent glow that accentuates the flower's color and brings it to life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.