One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheepdog trained to run over the backs of sheep while driving them in confined spaces.‘a backing dog is worth a lot to the station which owns him’
- ‘This agility came from his mother who was trained as a backing dog.’
- ‘Experienced field trial dogs will frequently see this scenario and move toward the action in hopes of getting involved, usually as a backing dog.’
- ‘As a backing dog you'd have thought he had wings.’
- ‘A backing dog needs special training and is much in demand.’
- ‘A dog trained to do this is called a backing dog, and he's worth a lot to the station which owns him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.