One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official briefing or handout giving background information.‘their departure had to be explained by aides in a backgrounder the next day’
press conference, conference, meeting, question and answer sessionView synonyms
- ‘The general tells the story about how he had been away from the Pentagon for a while and then was (as I remember) brought back to give a backgrounder.’
- ‘Non-Indian readers and, I dare say, many Indian readers will find it a useful backgrounder.’
- ‘When I had my backgrounder with you all, I had all the information.’
- ‘Please read our backgrounder on Urie and Rocketplane for additional information.’
- ‘She has compiled an excellent backgrounder on the different reform proposals at the Council on Foreign Relations web site.’
- ‘A year and a half ago he did a press briefing, a backgrounder, in which he praised the president.’
- ‘Influenza Pandemic Awareness Week continues with three backgrounders.’
- ‘When he was an MP it was left to as assistant to prepare detailed backgrounders for his questions in Parliament.’
- ‘For more information about these award-winning examples of fully deployed innovative applications of AI, as well as emerging applications that are still under development, see the backgrounders in the electronic AAAI Press room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.