Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The uniform microwave radiation remaining from the Big Bang.
- ‘Atoms, molecules, and dust particles floating in in, however, would reach an equilibrium temperature with the cosmic background radiation left over from the Big Bang.’
- ‘This microwave interference came to be recognized as cosmic background radiation, a remnant of the Big Bang.’
- ‘It's called the cosmic background radiation - radiation that originated in that primordial fire ball.’
- ‘We are also exposed to naturally occurring radiation or background radiation.’
- ‘Even in the vacuum of deep space, temperatures measure approximately 3K due to background radiation left over from the big bang.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.