One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in martial arts) a punch made with the back of the fist.
- ‘You will notice here that you are driving your body forward into the backfist rather than sinking backward as was illustrated in Part I of this series of articles.’
- ‘But if you are countering a serious attack, add a nose strike with the palm of the opposite hand, and then grab the hair to pull the head down into a backfist and your drop backward into a wider horse stance (as seen).’
- ‘The defender immediately steps in with a left backfist strike to the bridge of the nose.’
- ‘He spun, kicking his opponent in the gut, then followed through with a backfist, then an uppercut, an elbow, and finally, he backed away.’
- ‘But whatever the cause, when Li stopped throwing backfists and started talking, my attention wandered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.