Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The risk of backdrafting is lower with these types of equipment than for those relying on natural draft.’
- ‘Sealed-combustion water heaters draw all their combustion air from the outdoors, which eliminates any chance of backdrafting.’
- ‘Be sure that the installer checks for backdrafting on all vented appliances.’
- ‘If these rooms are significantly depressurized, there is a danger of backdrafting.’
- ‘To prevent backdrafting, avoid naturally vented water heaters and furnaces, and ventless fireplaces.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.