Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for backstroke
- ‘Lauren also was third in the backcrawl.’
- ‘He won both the backcrawl and freestyle events and was runner-up in breaststroke and butterfly.’
- ‘She was placed second in the l00m backcrawl.’
- ‘He won the 14-15 age group 200 metres individual medley and added silvers in the 100m backcrawl, in a personal best time, and the 100m freestyle.’
- ‘She too picked up second places in backcrawl and freestyle.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.