One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The final nine holes on an eighteen-hole course.‘he had a double bogey and a triple bogey on the back nine’
- ‘I played so much better than Sally in the back nine that she actually offered to propose me as a member.’
- ‘He was under no pressure al the way through the back nine.’
- ‘Harrington went on to complete the back nine in 35.’
- ‘DiMarco moved into contention with birdies on the first six holes on the back nine.’
- ‘But the world No.1's game became uncharacteristically creaky over the back nine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.