One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The final nine holes on an eighteen-hole course.‘he had a double bogey and a triple bogey on the back nine’
- ‘He was under no pressure al the way through the back nine.’
- ‘But the world No.1's game became uncharacteristically creaky over the back nine.’
- ‘I played so much better than Sally in the back nine that she actually offered to propose me as a member.’
- ‘Harrington went on to complete the back nine in 35.’
- ‘DiMarco moved into contention with birdies on the first six holes on the back nine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.