One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The defensive players in a formation that employs four defenders, typically two centre backs and two full backs.‘Darwen's attacks were dealt with excellently by the back four’‘the back four were very solid’
- ‘Nowhere was this steely resolve more in evidence than among Burnley's back four.’
- ‘I think he looks fitter and stronger and he caused problems for West Ham's back four.’
- ‘We kept the ball very well on what was a difficult pitch, and I thought our back four were outstanding.’
- ‘As a back four, they are as good as any in Europe.’
- ‘Bonagee then pushed everybody forward in search of an equaliser but they never really troubled the Crystal back four.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.