One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a graphical user interface) an icon, typically displaying an arrow pointing to the left, that may be selected in order to return to the previous page or screen.‘click the back button on your browser to return to this page’
- ‘If a visitor has to click or scroll to figure out what your site is about, the only thing they'll click is the back button.’
- ‘People are impatient when waiting for pages to download - you only have around 5 seconds before your visitor hits the Back button.’
- ‘Click any thumbnail to see the full-size diagram, then use your Web browser's Back button to return to this page.’
- ‘Hitting your back button to retreat from the problem will usually just cause more windows to appear.’
- ‘More impressive are the large screen, simple menu system and sensibly-positioned controls, including a handy Back button for skipping between options.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.