One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See back-seat driver
- ‘But back-seat drivers and back-seat driving are variations of the same expression.’
- ‘Whatever assessment one makes of the term of a leader who has enjoyed a long and mostly undisturbed innings, it is less easy to forgive back-seat driving designed to sabotage his or her successor.’
- ‘How many of us love back-seat driving, even when we love the people who're doing it more than life itself?’
- ‘If others are riding with you, encourage back-seat driving.’
- ‘I don't think this particular bit of back-seat driving is correct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.