One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See back row
- ‘The 19-year-old back-rower crossed in the 62nd minute of Wednesday's demolition of London to break his scoring duck in a superb performance.’
- ‘But a new-found maturity in recent seasons has seen him develop into one of the finest back-rowers in the game, able to hold down his spot in the Kiwis and the Warriors sides despite intense competition from a host of talented youngsters.’
- ‘Not the biggest of forwards, but this Kangaroos back-rower of the early 1980s could mix it with the best and liked to do so at every opportunity.’
- ‘The 23-year-old back-rower signed a two-year deal with Leeds in the closed season with the possibility of being loaned back to York to gain further experience in National League One.’
- ‘Confusingly, however, the Knights have already secured the back-rower's signature and lodged his registration with the Rugby Football League, so his immediate future is seemingly in their hands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.