One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See back row
- ‘Not the biggest of forwards, but this Kangaroos back-rower of the early 1980s could mix it with the best and liked to do so at every opportunity.’
- ‘The 23-year-old back-rower signed a two-year deal with Leeds in the closed season with the possibility of being loaned back to York to gain further experience in National League One.’
- ‘The 19-year-old back-rower crossed in the 62nd minute of Wednesday's demolition of London to break his scoring duck in a superb performance.’
- ‘Confusingly, however, the Knights have already secured the back-rower's signature and lodged his registration with the Rugby Football League, so his immediate future is seemingly in their hands.’
- ‘But a new-found maturity in recent seasons has seen him develop into one of the finest back-rowers in the game, able to hold down his spot in the Kiwis and the Warriors sides despite intense competition from a host of talented youngsters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.