One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Shigellosis, also known as acute bacillary dysentery, is characterized by the passage of loose stools mixed with blood and mucus and accompanied by fever, abdominal cramps and tenesmus.’
- ‘In conclusion, the burden of TB for the year 2000 was estimated to be 8.5 million (3.8 million bacillary cases, 3.9 million abacillary cases and 0.8 million extrapulmonary cases).’
- ‘During 1967-70, bacillary dysentery was first reported in Central American countries.’
- ‘Approximately a third of cases of dysentery were classified amoebic, a third as bacillary and the rest remained undifferentiated.’
- ‘Of the remaining three patients with bacillary resistance to ofloxacin, two were successfully treated with levofloxacin-containing regimens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.