One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A party given for a man who is about to get married, typically one attended by men only.
- ‘No, I'm actually heading out in a few minutes to a bachelor party for one of my subcontractors.’
- ‘Finding a tux, having a good stripper at the bachelor party and planning the honeymoon are the main points.’
- ‘There is to be a boys-only bachelor party tomorrow night, which I'll not be attending, opting instead for the co-ed festivities on Saturday.’
- ‘I was at the bachelor party and while I was sitting, Ethan and I got in a discussion about marriage.’
- ‘The likelihood of my friends thinking a strip club is good to place have a bachelor party is pretty strong.’
- ‘Is this your pathetic idea of a bachelor party?’
- ‘Alex has a bachelor party to attend on Saturday.’
- ‘I knew we could get in a lot of golf, and though I hadn't been to Myrtle since a bachelor party 10 years ago, I figured we could do it comfortably under $2,000.’
- ‘I am getting married in two months, and I am scared to death that my future hubby will have a bachelor party in which the guys go to certain ‘clubs’ or they will have the entertainment brought in.’
- ‘It might be easiest to make a slight compromise - remain in the wedding party but politely opt out of the bachelor party.’
- ‘Did it hurt your feelings when your brothers didn't come to your bachelor party?’
- ‘Later in the week, I was to attend a bachelor party for a friend of mine.’
- ‘I had a terrible hangover after my bachelor party, which didn't help.’
- ‘The following Saturday night, we held the bachelor party.’
- ‘It's a cliche, but so are strippers at a bachelor party.’
- ‘The morning after his bachelor party he wakes up next to Julia, who was one of the ‘hula girls ‘hired for his stag extravaganza.’’
- ‘And then of course the boys must attend the bachelor party, we wouldn't think of leaving you out!’
- ‘The movie looks at one of the oldest and oddest of ‘civilized’ conventions: the bachelor party.’
- ‘Besides I've got a wedding to attend and as tradition has it a bachelor party to plan.’
- ‘When Paul wakes up in bed with Becky the morning after his bachelor party, it ignites a chain of slapstick events that force him to wonder if he's marrying the right woman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.