One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A West Indian rum produced originally in Cuba.
- ‘We ordered a bottle of Bacardi from room service.’
- ‘Then we put the Bourbon, gin, Tequila, Bacardi, vodka and some of the Smirnoff Ice in the cooler.’
- ‘All meals here should start with a coconut milky piña colada - the number of shots of Bacardi in each is your choice.’
- ‘She had already drunk some wine before she went out and was then drinking Bacardi and cola.’
- ‘Sophisticated websites have been created by drinks companies, including Bacardi, Guinness, Woodpecker, Budweiser and Smirnoff.’
Named after the manufacturer.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.