Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘While babysitting is legal at any age, parents should carefully assess a sitter younger than sixteen.’
- ‘There's quite a bit of babysitting to be done.’
- ‘I just got a week's worth of babysitting.’
- ‘Group babysitting is available when the ship is in port.’
- ‘Babysitting is available on request.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.