One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who looks after a child or children while the parents are out.‘he couldn't find a babysitter’‘Natalie had worked for her as a babysitter’
- ‘Four percent of preschoolers were cared for primarily by a nanny or babysitter.’
- ‘Parents at almost any resort can arrange for babysitters for an extra charge.’
- ‘Because of unreliable babysitters, I am often absent or late for work.’
- ‘Babysitters are usually hourly employees who may work for different families.’
- ‘We'd hired a babysitter, gotten all dressed up, and treated ourselves to dinner at some sleek new restaurant in the city.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.