One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who looks after a child or children while the parents are out.‘he couldn't find a babysitter’‘Natalie had worked for her as a babysitter’
- ‘Parents at almost any resort can arrange for babysitters for an extra charge.’
- ‘Because of unreliable babysitters, I am often absent or late for work.’
- ‘We'd hired a babysitter, gotten all dressed up, and treated ourselves to dinner at some sleek new restaurant in the city.’
- ‘Babysitters are usually hourly employees who may work for different families.’
- ‘Four percent of preschoolers were cared for primarily by a nanny or babysitter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.