One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The father of one or more of a woman's children, who is not her husband or current partner.‘she is finding it hard to deal with her separation from her babyfather’
- ‘Her marriage to the hip-hop producer and serial babyfather has produced a son, now two.’
- ‘The identity of the babyfather is still unclear.’
- ‘After his mates left, me, my two babyfathers, and three kids all went out for dinner and it was so nice.’
- ‘The actor put his paws on her ex-boyfriend and baby-father after a heated exchange.’
- ‘She apologized for her crazy behavior, blaming it on trust issues caused by her no good baby father.’
- ‘Congratulations, and tell people don't worry about who your baby father is.’
- ‘The babe has been to see the babyfather after a bad dream, and is trotting back to bed.’
- ‘We see a tender moment where she's explaining she has issues with leaving home and leaving her child with her baby father.’
- ‘He will be sharing scenes with his girlfriend's baby-father.’
- ‘His daughters got pregnant without marrying the baby fathers.’
1930s: from baby + father, originally in Caribbean English.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.