One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wheeled frame in which a baby is suspended in a harness and can move itself about a room with its feet.
- ‘Canadians must know about the dangers posed to infants through the use of baby walkers.’
- ‘Abby's photo, taken when she was five months old, was chosen from hundreds of entries and won her a baby walker with alphabet bricks and a wooden activity train.’
- ‘We have called for tough new standards to be imposed and existing baby walkers to be taken off the market but, so far, the Commission has failed to deliver a set of safety regulations.’
- ‘We are not saying that baby walkers are the sole reason that children develop later.’
- ‘Instead, they spent relatively more time confined to baby walkers, bouncers and pushchairs and had few places to go other than the nurseries and their mothers' rooms.’
- ‘Most falls happen from furniture, stairs, baby walkers, shopping carts, and playground toys.’
- ‘More significantly, baby walkers are dangerous.’
- ‘Some relatives came down from Singapore and bought Callum a baby walker.’
- ‘I just missed out on a baby walker by a matter of seconds.’
- ‘She claims he banged his head after falling forwards from a baby walker.’
- ‘Ross and Kathryn Petras, authors of ‘The 776 Stupidest Things Ever Said,’ quote from the instructions issued by the manufacturer of a baby walker.’
- ‘In her 10 years on the commission, he voted against regulating baby walkers, infant bath seats, flammable pajamas and children's bunk beds.’
- ‘Wilson claimed Anil had fallen over in a baby walker and had landed on a toy.’
- ‘Canada is the first country in the world to ban baby walkers, which allow infants not yet on their feet to get around.’
- ‘In the case of baby walkers, the CPSC accepted a new design from industry rather than ban the product as the consumers had requested.’
- ‘He told the court that his son would often bang into the dog when in his baby walker and Missy showed no reaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.