One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wheeled frame in which a baby is suspended in a harness and can move itself about a room with its feet.
- ‘Wilson claimed Anil had fallen over in a baby walker and had landed on a toy.’
- ‘More significantly, baby walkers are dangerous.’
- ‘In the case of baby walkers, the CPSC accepted a new design from industry rather than ban the product as the consumers had requested.’
- ‘We are not saying that baby walkers are the sole reason that children develop later.’
- ‘Ross and Kathryn Petras, authors of ‘The 776 Stupidest Things Ever Said,’ quote from the instructions issued by the manufacturer of a baby walker.’
- ‘In her 10 years on the commission, he voted against regulating baby walkers, infant bath seats, flammable pajamas and children's bunk beds.’
- ‘Canadians must know about the dangers posed to infants through the use of baby walkers.’
- ‘Most falls happen from furniture, stairs, baby walkers, shopping carts, and playground toys.’
- ‘Some relatives came down from Singapore and bought Callum a baby walker.’
- ‘She claims he banged his head after falling forwards from a baby walker.’
- ‘We have called for tough new standards to be imposed and existing baby walkers to be taken off the market but, so far, the Commission has failed to deliver a set of safety regulations.’
- ‘He told the court that his son would often bang into the dog when in his baby walker and Missy showed no reaction.’
- ‘Canada is the first country in the world to ban baby walkers, which allow infants not yet on their feet to get around.’
- ‘Abby's photo, taken when she was five months old, was chosen from hundreds of entries and won her a baby walker with alphabet bricks and a wooden activity train.’
- ‘Instead, they spent relatively more time confined to baby walkers, bouncers and pushchairs and had few places to go other than the nurseries and their mothers' rooms.’
- ‘I just missed out on a baby walker by a matter of seconds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.