Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for milk tooth
- ‘Most kids stop grinding when they lose their baby teeth because permanent teeth are much more sensitive to pain.’
- ‘As Shi recounts, it happened one evening when his then-six-year-old daughter, Julia, asked for help in pulling out a loose baby tooth.’
- ‘Injuries to both baby teeth and permanent teeth should be treated by a dentist.’
- ‘Children should get regular checkups after age 3 or when all 20 baby teeth have come in.’
- ‘Children need healthy baby teeth to chew food, speak, and to help permanent teeth grow in correctly.’
- ‘We see an awful lot of decay in baby teeth and in adult teeth as they come through.’
- ‘The roots of the baby tooth dissolve and the tooth becomes loose and falls out.’
- ‘She grew a full set of baby teeth, lost them and grew a set of adult teeth in all that time.’
- ‘She had two teeth everywhere because none of her baby teeth were coming out and she was really having difficulty, the poor thing.’
- ‘Take your child for a first dental visit within six months of the first baby tooth and by no later than the first birthday.’
- ‘After losing our baby teeth as children, we get our adult teeth, and we're stuck with them for better or for worse.’
- ‘A calf, like a human child, has baby teeth (or ‘milk teeth’) that loosen and fall out.’
- ‘My son knows, though, that he made no special effort to lose his front tooth, and that everyone will eventually lose those baby teeth.’
- ‘Decayed baby teeth can pass bacteria to permanent teeth.’
- ‘I'm a big advocate of taking the child to the dentist shortly after the eruption of the first few baby teeth or certainly by the age of 1.’
- ‘Children start to lose their primary teeth, or baby teeth, at about 6 years old.’
- ‘As soon as the first baby teeth begin to appear you should start to clean them.’
- ‘Problems can also be caused by accidents or losing baby teeth too early.’
- ‘The researchers were able to isolate the stem cells from the baby teeth of children seven to eight years of age.’
- ‘Between ages 101/2 and 12, children lose their remaining baby teeth, then permanent teeth appear.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.