One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A preparation of scented talcum powder or corn starch for use on babies' skin.‘a changing table equipped with baby powder and baby wipes’
- ‘Many bowlers use these shoe products, or baby powder, to help them release the ball easier.’
- ‘Sprinkle baby powder on your scalp, massage it in, then brush it out.’
- ‘Dust the pink area around the liner with baby powder.’
- ‘He got a pair of baby slippers, nappies, baby powder, milk bottles and a baby pram.’
- ‘Make your own facial powder by combining mashed inexpensive compact powder with twice as much baby powder.’
- ‘After your shower/bath get some baby powder or scented lotion and rub it all over your body.’
- ‘To see if you're hitting the ball on the sweet spot, sprinkle baby powder on the clubface before hitting a shot.’
- ‘Use baby powder underneath your make-up if your skin is greasy.’
- ‘My mother put baby powder in my hair so I smelled like a fresh diaper.’
- ‘Towel off, and shake on baby powder to absorb wetness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.