Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A mineral oil used to soften the skin.
lotion, cream, balm, emollient, salve, unguent, lubricantView synonyms
- ‘I use baby oil because it sits right on my skin and looks good under most stage lights.’
- ‘If your skin is very dry, you may want to apply an oil, such as baby oil, while your skin is still moist.’
- ‘Add 2-3 capfuls of baby oil or Alpha Keri oil to your bath water or apply directly to your skin in the shower.’
- ‘Then massage in good hand and body lotion or baby oil while the skin is still warm and the pores are open, so that the skin gets well nourished.’
- ‘To clean your brushes and palettes, wash them first with vegetable or baby oil and then soap and hot water.’
- ‘I worked baby oil onto the washcloth, cleaning off my eye makeup.’
- ‘I haven't been this burnt since my cousin Alice and I lathered our bellies with baby oil and lay out on the trampoline.’
- ‘Sally, my wife, would rub my arm with lotion and baby oil to make the skin look alive again.’
- ‘Don't use petroleum- or mineral-based lubricants, such as petroleum jelly or baby oil.’
- ‘He got some baby oil and started rubbing it into my back and shoulders.’
- ‘These contain softening substances such as sodium bicarbonate, almond oil, olive oil, baby oil, or glycerin.’
- ‘Apply baby oil with a soft cloth and polish to remove stains from chrome trim on faucets, kitchen appliances, vehicles, etc.’
- ‘The leaves and palms seem greased with baby oil.’
- ‘I put baby oil with iodine on when I was sitting in the sun, which is really stupid, and didn't wear sunscreen properly.’
- ‘His room was the same, sterile as it had been seconds before, the penetrating smell of antibiotics and baby oil still in the air.’
- ‘The baby oil helps soothe skin while salicylic acid keeps pores and hair follicles clear.’
- ‘Try soaking hands in baby oil and using a soft brush to exfoliate as another option if you have sensitive skin.’
- ‘Instead, I put either baby oil or petroleum jelly on the eggs, which prevents them from hatching.’
- ‘I have tried conditioner and baby oil on their fur and vegetable oil in their food, which just made them sick.’
- ‘I spent way too many of my teenage summers slathered in baby oil, lying in the sun.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.